Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

New KIP product

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: New KIP product Reply with quote Back to top

I got a tip that KIP is coming out with a new product for the IRGA show.
It's not the color 80 again.
Unfortunately I do not know what the product is.
Has anyone got a lead on this?

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A plotter that works maybe? Oh no, how about some good documentation on the software and getting it all set up correctly? Whoops, almost forgot this is KIP.

Sorry, I have just spent two days installing a new 5000 and 3000 we just sold. The amount of time I wasted due to lack of GOOD documentation was amazing. I now know how all of you dealers have felt for a long time. I feel your pain.

pq
resident

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doc,

Curious where you felt the docs were lacking. No secret that has been an area of weakness but it has improved, especially in the last year or so. Within the past few months somebody at the Ranch came up with dedicated Guides for each area of the software: Windows Driver, Request, PrintNet, AutoCAD Driver, etc., and published them in nice PDFs with a table of contents.

Much better than the bloated User Manual.

What would be helpful is to have a Quickstart Guide (like they did for the 2200 scanner), one designed for the installing tech and one for the user, sort of an FAQ, e.g. "How do I copy a roll of drawings and make 5 sets," or "What functions are customizable for a user versus an administrator..."

What I've found myself doing over the past 2+ years since the first IPS came out was to screenshot various tasks with headlines and PDF that and store on my USB disk for quick reference. Stopped using the User Guide long ago....

PaulQ

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's the KIP 3100!!
Sounds like a great machine!

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes 0h GR81, it is a KIP 3100 (it's the 3K @ 6 pages per minute) Just got the launch mailing today, Same pricing as the 3K available in June (KIPtime August/September) along with the 3000 blow out sale promo
get them before thier gone! They are offering an interesting new catch tray for the originals and output.

pq
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also:
-no more long spindle - using "end caps" to hold paper like Ricoh.
-realtime scan file naming

These features, along with the 50% speed bump and lower cost for toner, are a great set of improvements for the 3000 that first came out in Oct 05. It was time for a refresh and it hits on some key points.

I noticed the scanner looks like the 600, which we know sits on top of a 5000 or 7000. I'm predicting a 3050 system (printer only) in the not-to-distance future and the final death blow to the 2000.

Definitely keeps the edge over the comps!

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this is all good news from the ranch. Does anyone know when the discounts on the 3000 units will start?

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

May 1, 2008
There is special pricing for mono and color machines, but you have to buy at least two machines. I just ordered a couple myself.

pq
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I read the promo page right, this is for the existing 3000, not to pre-order the 3100s, right?

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes KIP is purging the system of KIP 3000 with the promo pricing.

jimbeau
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed in the mailer that the toner was a different number than the 3000 toner. Does that mean more developer improvements, or just to confuse us by mistakenly putting the wrong type of toner in?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Or could it be like the 9000 toner cartridge that has some sort chip under the label that is read by the machine so you don't use generic toner.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, the generic toner guys are already working on bypassing this security chip. In their words, "it is a minor annoyance, HP has done it for years". They already have all the technical information on the 9000 like schematics and stuff. Won't be long.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Rumors All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: