Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

internal voltage error 031, and light on one side ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
copyman
intern

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: internal voltage error 031, and light on one side ??? Reply with quote Back to top

I have read the posts here about the causes of the internal voltage error codes and have looked at the TB's on the KIP website. Had a few questions, when cutting the HV wire ties do you cut all the ties including the ties that are anchored to the frame or just the regular ties? In other words do you seperate the fat red wire going to the primary corona from the thinner red ones? Also what would be the most likely cause for prints to be light on one side (about 6 inches on left edge, entire length) and could this be related to the 31 code? 70k sq ft on meter. Thanks in advance

DCP00
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can anyone please send me this TB?

solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you checked the height of the charge wire? It may be too high or low on your light side. I also imagine that this might be contributing to the voltage errors. Also check the height of your transfer and separation wires. The T/S assembly was changed at some point, check TB, so make sure that you are adjusting for the right unit.

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks solidrock, i looked through the TB's on the Kip site and did not see any bulletin about corona wire height? Can you post the TB # pertaining to this.
And to everyone. What is the most common cause and fix for 031 code? What is the worse case scenario to fix this internal voltage error and can it always be fixed? I sold this to my biggest customer only 8 months ago and want to fix this FAST. I'm losing confidence in Kip and this Kip is making me look real bad with the customer. I'm beginning to think I should of had the customer spend more money and get the Oce. Oh welll live and learn. Don't think I will sell another Kip at this point!

Thanks again

solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TB-K105-034 discusses the TS assemblies, both old and new, what SN are affected, and their respective heights. Hope this helps.

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: E-31 Reply with quote Back to top

We had a problem like this turn out to be the dev roller was bad as soon as we replace it no more problem just though i throw my two cent in too

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was there a solution for this? If so, what was it?

Thank-you!

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i removed all the wire ties behind right cover for the red HV wires and seperated the wires, that did not work. I then replaced all corona wires & springs. Cleaned T/S & charge housings & charge grid. been 2 weeks so far so good. keeping fingers crossed Smile

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you. We fixed ours by adjusting the transfer voltage, it was set too low from factory.

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm curious if money wasn't an issue and you are regreting your decision to sell the KIP 3000, would it make sense to upsell into the KIP 5000? Or 2 or 3 KIP 3000's. If you are getting your but kicked by internal voltage error codes buy a developer unit and refresh them yourself in your own shop or send them to the DOC. If your customers are as valuable as you say, they should be worth it. Invest in a extra developer unit and swap them out. Save yourself a ton of time and money, in the long run you will look like a hero, someone your customer cannot live without. because they will know that you are willing to build equity with them, If your clients aren't making money neither are you. What would Oce' do?
I say, the Hell with Oce' Go and get this type of support from fellow Oce' techs and then in two years when they are pissed off at you because you sold them an over priced POS. I guaranty they go and by a KIP from the 3 other KIP dealers down the street. Get over it...

WOW..........Did I say that?

Haith
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had an internal voltage error right after i did a pm. The machine was running fine, i did the normal, but then i decided to change the transfer wire. Started the machine up sent a print, E 034 E 041 voltage error. Checked my wires and nothing seemed amiss, resent the drawing, again voltage error, lowered the transfer wire height i could get a print to comeout but now getting a trail edge haze, this is the new kit too the one that should fix the trail edge haze issue. Kip says to cut the wire ties and make sure you have a dedicated line for the machine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: