Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Kip 3000 "prosessing job" for hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
copyman
intern

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Kip 3000 "prosessing job" for hours Reply with quote Back to top

customer called and said prosessing job message was up for hours and never printed. they said they unplugged the network cable and turned off mach, unplugged pwr cable and then restarted. still same thing, then they rebooted the IPS and now there is a message , "bond request" and paper sizes blinking. bond paper is selected and they tried all different ones trying to get it to work. I called kip tech support and the tech gave me a procedure to delete the job tickets using the VNC viewer at the work station,diag folder, monpath1, etc,etc. not sure if i wrote the procedure down right because i could not get through the whole thing when i tried it. does anyone know the proper order to delete the "job tickets" or anything else I can do to get this working. Thanks for the help

Jay
intern

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

vnc to machine. click on ? click KIP logo twice then start and then reset. This will bring you to the desktop. open the diagnostics folder. go to my computer. then the d drive labled spool. open the folder monpath1. then open the request folder. delete anything in that folder. you have to shut unattend down or queue view whatever it is called now before doing any of this. once you vnc in, right click the title bar of the viewer and it will give an option for ctr alt del pick that and end task on unattend. hope this helps

Jay

Jay
intern

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another thought just download Neil's purge program and push it to the controller. Then the customer can fix the problem themselves. It really saves a lot of dumb service calls.

Jay

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I bet they were printing a multipage PDF or maybe just PDF in general. You might try changing the setting in the windows driver to KIPscript and or use the HP Designjrt 1055CM driver like GR81 sugests. The HPGL2 driver does work well and all you need to to is point it at the KIP0 port and you are off to the races. The great part about that is that anyone that has been in or around wide format printing is familiar with the HPGL2 drivers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: