Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

The wonderful Kip1880----yay it is dropining its roll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Analog Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinyminime
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: The wonderful Kip1880----yay it is dropining its roll Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys.... i have a naughty 1880 that keeps randomly dropping the roll out as the copy process is starting. This is a real pain fault , when a tech arrives it works well most times but two hours later the customer phones and the problem is back, when the problem is there is stays and as by magic it works again for days not missing a beat. We have had the machine in our work shop for two weeks and have rebuilt it to try to get to the source of this problem. It has had all paper path sensors , clutches replaced. We have swapped out all boards and trans sep units etc. We thought we fixed it because it worked for one week but when we moved it to put the back cover on the same problem returned.
The problem is as follows.....
paper always loads correctly and sits in the correct position.
feed your original in and the roll paper feeds the correct direction
within 3 to 4 inches then the roll stops and feeds backwards
the original continues to feed through and the machine indicates it is out of paper.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seen it. You need to replace both of the primary paper feed rollers. Very common.

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Take black electrical tape and wrap two layers of tape around the black rubber infeed roller. Do this on both ends of the roller.

Tinyminime
medical school grad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: wonderful 1880 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys, i forgot to mention i have fitted brand new feed rollers and have fitted the wonderful tape mod to the feed roller. This seems to happen after the the paper is feeding through it thinks it has run out of paper, so it drives the roll back. It seems so intermittent but when it happens it stays faulty ongoing then it magically disappears and runs well for a week.
I have had three techs look at this machine and they all have lost hair over it too? Any more suggestions?

DCP00
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The first thing I do when have this problem I remove the two pulleys on the left and right of the in feed roller (where you load the roll) they are the white ones held on with grubb screws. You will notice on the 1900 they are removed. Hope this helps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Analog Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: