Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Job Queue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Job Queue Reply with quote Back to top

Customer submits prints to the kIP and nothing shows in the Job Info page, regardless of how the print was sent. They would try to reboot and still nothing shows. But according to customer, if he shuts down the machine and unplugs it for a few min. then reboots, all previously sent jobs finally shows up in the Job Info page and starts printing. Notices that it happens more in the morning. Any thoughts.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would try ghosting the IPS from a CD for starters. Have you done this yet?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have not ghosted the IPS yet. I know that by doing that, it'll eliminate the issue (hopefully). But I wanted to look at a few things first. I told my customer that if it happens again, I wanted him to close the UI and see if the jobs were in KIP QUEUE VIEW or if the K.Q.V. was even on (crashed). I told him to make note if the meter reads reverted back to 0 and if any paper size was showing in Copy screen, it would obviously mean that something has happened to Unattend. This customer is cool, most are like, "Just fix the thing". Will keep you posted. Thanks.

9lives
intern

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if your problem has the same cause, but I have been having this problem recently with an old 3000 (1050 serial number), that just had the IPS replaced. The unattend version that was on the machine was 6.5.362.

It kept showing nothing in the job queue on the GUI, but when you closed the GUI it would show 2 different errors. Both were unattend errors "error writing date/time" and "error reading file date/time".

These errors would keep popping up after I would close them. Finally I would get out of the errors and then I would have to close unattend or it would print error sheets. I would reboot the IPS and everything would work okay again, and the queue would empty out.

On Monday of this week I installed a different unattend version, 6.5.387, and so far the error has not returned. Last week, the problem was happening several times per day, so hopefully this has fixed the problem. Good luck!

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds like the same situation but it didn't happen while I was onsite so I wasn't able to verify the errors. I did have to get them a new IPS a couple of months ago, too. I'm sure if the customer closes the UI he'll probably see the errors that you indicated. I was just on KIP's website and they only have the 6.5.362 available. Where did you get the 387? I'll try to squeeze it out of KIP. Thanks.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds like the same situation but it didn't happen while I was onsite so I wasn't able to verify the errors. I did have to get them a new IPS a couple of months ago, too. I'm sure if the customer closes the UI he'll probably see the errors that you indicated. I was just on KIP's website and they only have the 6.5.362 available. Where did you get the 387? I'll try to squeeze it out of KIP. Thanks.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I too have a machine posting the "error writing file date and time"

I just rebooted the machine and have not heard back (1 week)
Does anyone have any insight into this error? Should I go back and ghost?

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That kind of thing sounds like a bad sector on the hard disk, locking up a file that Kip software needs access to. I've seen this type of thing before and running Check Disk seems to help a lot of times. I've built in a easy way to run CHKDSK into my Purge Utility. You can download it here...

http://www.plottrackerpro.com/tools.htm
www.PlotTrackerPro.com - Kip Accounting Software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: