Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

3000 printing pale grey scales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinyminime
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: 3000 printing pale grey scales Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys.... I have a brand new out of box 3000 that is printing greys light. copies and scans are perfect. It is only apparent when you print to the machine. I would never picked it up if not for a 5000 next to it. I sent the same file to each. I have since tested the file on another 3000. I have followed the manual and checked dev , voltages, print head etc
Has any one had a similar problem? the black lines etc are perfect.

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am having this problem to. Any solutions yet?

VANINGLE
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, the way I would approach this is, first if your copies look good then I would be focusing on software such as pen tables, M-files, and I wouldn't rule out back-up data settings that affect translation of prints being sent to the printer. It could even be the print it self.

Tinyminime
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: its not software Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for your input but the issue is not software. When printing the same pdf and using the same driver to the 3000 and then to the 5000 there was a vast difference in the greys on the page. I then tried printing to another 3000 the same file and the same driver. It completely matched the 5000 print.
I have tried all suggestions in the service manual and have emailed support for help.
No mater what density settings the greys stay light.
I am now wondering about all our machines in the field, i have had a few customers complain about the greys on their machines.
Test prints are perfect.

VANINGLE
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wish I had an exact solution for you, but I think there might be some other things you can try. Such as, try sending the file from request, try manipulating the settings of the windows printer driver, check the dates of the PDF.exe file, check the version of Acrobat I do believe there is something that can affect quality if it is an older version. I have felt your pain before, I hope you get it resolved soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: