Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

New KIP Scanners?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JFL
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: New KIP Scanners? Reply with quote Back to top

Any body hear anything about a new scanner line coming from KIP? With the discontinuation of the 2xxx line and impending end t othe 22xx KIP can't be counting on the 600, can they?

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 2100 is a dumb ( and I mean really dumb) scanner. It has no operation panel and relies on the power print scan and the Power print production suite to function as it's user interface. No direct copy function ( as in just walk up and make a copy). You have to use the copy feature from the KIP IPS user inerface on the touch screen or the separate STF computer. Oh yeah, thats another thing. KIP says you can't have a separate STF computer running the scan software, you must go through the IPS. This is not true. I have done it and it is fairly simple. It is really the only way to production scan. You are right about the 600 scanner. Weak at best. I think the market for used K75 2050, 2080, 2120 scanners just went up. You can still conect these to the newer printers pretty much. What else is coming? Not really sure.

Desertdog
resident

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not trying to hijack this thread, but, I have a customer that has a 6054 system and are looking to upgrade the printer only to a 7k. We were told by KIP that the 2000 series scanners CANNOT be connected to the new printers. Doc, you state in your previous post that it can be done. Care to elaborate?

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It can be done. However, you wont be able to use the Touch Panel for SCAN and COPY funtions. You'll need to have a STF PC (with scsi card) with Kip CopyMaker software. Kip CopyMaker is your new method of doing collated set copies. It may not be as easy as the touch panel but it's not that bad. And CopyMaker uses the accounting features. Scan to file is still done using Kip Scan 6.
www.PlotTrackerPro.com - Kip Accounting Software

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When PLP came out to connect our 7000, they had me install a cable on the interface board. One end looked like an IDE drive connector and the other was a standard 32 pin "D" connector like Kip has always used for controllers and scanners. There is a blank for the connector on the plate by the usb and network connectors.
When in use by plp, unattend says "printer unavailable or in use by alternate controller", just like it always has when in use by a scanner.
I do not have a scsi scanner at this location to test, but I suspect if I connected it, it would work.
It might be possible to order the cable for the 8000 and plug it in the same way.

Just throwing this out, it might not be a good idea.
I am known for questionable ideas.
Your mileage may vary.

Scott

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have connected a 2050 scanner to my 5000 demo unit. I used an old inteface cable from a 2720 printer. The IPS did say printer not available when printing directly from scanner but it did work. It even communicated paper roll size correctly (from the IPS I assume). I'd suggest you order the old interface cable for the original 7000 printer and install it in the new 7000.

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone else hear anything about the discontinuation of the 2XXX line???? We are working on a deal involving 6 - 10 scanners... Customer wants up upgrade to current tech.. don't want to do that and find out there off the market in 6 months.. I know that parts are avail for several years.. it just looks bad... Please post if you know anything...

pq
resident

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's true you cannot buy a 2new 2000 series scanner, they have been discontinued. Hope to hell they come up with a replacement, but whatever it is will probably be 3rd party with a KIP sticker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Rumors All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: