Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Intermittenly feeding entire roll of paper out the back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steppenwolf
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Intermittenly feeding entire roll of paper out the back Reply with quote Back to top

Started out being a headscratcher but is now a hairpuller!

Have been working on a KIP 3000 that intermittently feeds blank paper out the back of the machine until it is turned off or runs out of paper.

Started out doing it when it changed from Roll 1 to Roll 2 but now does it in the middle of a print job from Roll 1.

In the past we changed out the clutch for Roll 2 which seemed to fix the roll switching problem. In early December the media sensor from Roll 1 was changed and the machine ran fine for over 2 weeks, until it was shut down for the Christmas break, then it screwed up again on the first print job after being idle for a week.

Installed the gripper kit upgrade on both spindles, client ran 90 prints, machine switched rolls and all seemed fine... Until late this past Friday afternoon, when it apparently fed a roll of paper out the back again.

Have read all posts here and on the KIP Dealer Forum on this issue and tried everything suggested. Client is running 36" 20lb bond on both rolls.

The machine always run fine when I am on site and I am at a loss as to how I can make it fail for me, so I never know if I have fixed it

Can't figure out what might be causing this and wondering if anyone has any ideas I may have missed or has suggestions on how to trouble shoot intermittent issues like this.

Starting to think I am dealing with a loose connector, pinched or broken wire or flaky control board rather than a mechanical problem.

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bald in Alberta

doug s
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Had a 9010 feeding blank paper like you describe a couple of years back. Turned out to be a 5 volt DC power supply board had fried. Also might want to check the power at the wall, I think that's where our problem originated that fried the board in our 9010. Ended up replacing the board and putting a buck board on the incoming line. Hope it helps!!

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Had this problem on a 3000 once. The gear that drives the roll deck wasn't meshing with the gear in the machine well. This somehow messed up the timing and the paper would just keep going. Level the machine well and adjust that gear to make perfect contact with the drive gear (spring loaded). Use a flashlight and watch the gears in action. You should be able to see in there between the machine and top of the drawer front. Left side.
www.PlotTrackerPro.com - Kip Accounting Software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: