Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

density problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
actrepro
intern

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: density problem Reply with quote Back to top

had to vacuum some toner out of devo unit
added toner, but am not able to get the density back
light copy in the middle section of print
sides are great
print density is set on dark
any suggestions
thanks

Kevin
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you adjust the regulation roller pressure at all?

if you did, the regulation roller pressure is to much, back the pressure off about 1 mm.
What sounds like is happening, is the pressure is to much, cause the the reg. roller bending in the middle.

mrcmyk
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

how's the LED print head?

"It's not a BUG, It's an undocumented special feature"

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've had a few 3000s go light in the middle due to LED grounding issues. Pop the top and check that the change units grounding tab is making contact with the LED head. Also check the wires going to the LED. Clip all the zip ties off. I had a machine where I clipped off the zip ties leading to the LEDs power and data. Fixed my light center issue.
www.PlotTrackerPro.com - Kip Accounting Software

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have noticed that when a 3000 dev unit is starting to fail it gets light in the center not on the sides like the other HDP developers. You might be do for a dev rebuild. I am getting about 100K sq ft before I see signs of the unit getting light in the center, ?????

peter_kelowna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: I've had this same problem Reply with quote Back to top

On the KIP-7000 and 5000. All of my 3000's are still too low on footage yet. One thing to definately check is the actual photoreceptor drum. The drum gets a slight coating of hardened paper dust in the center 10 inches and will reflect as such on your prints.

If you can see the drum is a bit flatter in colour and not as shiney in the center then this will almost certainly be the problem.

I usualy just pull the drum and clean it with the blue shop towels and some 99% alcohol. Seems to work great for me.[/quote]

actrepro
intern

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

where do you get 99% alcohol
thanks

actrepro
intern

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

is this isopropyl or denatured alcohol
thanks

peter_kelowna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: 99% alcohol Reply with quote Back to top

I pick up this product at any drug store. Isopropyl or Isopropanol. It does not have to be 99%. I also us the %70 variety sometimes. In some towns or cities they keep the 99% stuff behind the counter.

Cobra
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any Synthetic car wax will work great for cleaning drums. I've been using it on all my drums for several years now with great results.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: