Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

What are the symptoms of a CIS failing???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merlin1977
medical school senior

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: What are the symptoms of a CIS failing??? Reply with quote Back to top

I went to a call today with void areas. The prints looked just like a dirty printhead but it was clean. There are no void areas on test prints only on scans. I ran the white reference adjustment but it did not change anything. If I take it off of "AUTO" copy quality the print look much better even though I havent changed any of the settings. No void areas. But the prints are much darker like the density and/or threshold were bumped up. Can anyone help? Sound like a CIS???

Jay
intern

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: What are the symptoms of a CIS failing??? Reply with quote Back to top

We had a CIS fail. The results are a black stripe down the page. It measures exactly the measurement of the CIS.. We moved it to other spots and the stripe follows. Problem is we oredered a replacement 3 months ago anf KIP won't have them to even ship till the 24th of this month

Jay

Jay
intern

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Forgot to add... we had a similar problem with grayscale images being lighter in certain places . plug in your laptop and do the white calibration. One of our techs said over and over the customer damaged the scanner and when i went out and recalibrated, it fixed the problem

Jay

actrepro
intern

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

can this also cause a solid thin white line on a print
on this 3000, there is 1 solid thin white line on the print
new drum, new corona wire, check dev unit
it is showing up on the drum, so it is not a transfer problem
the developer in not on the drum and it is a solid void of toner on the drum
thanks for any info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: