Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

ISSUES AFTER UPGRADE TO 6.5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: ISSUES AFTER UPGRADE TO 6.5 Reply with quote Back to top

I HAVE KIP 3000 THAT I JUST UPDATED TO 6.5 NOW I HAVE 3 ISSUES.
1. WONT SCAN TO FOLDER(SMP) .
2. THE CROSS HAIRS ON THE GUI ARE OFF TOUCHSCHEEN OFF HAVE TO MOVE CROSSHAIR OFF ITEM YOU WANT TO ACCESS.
3. WNEN SCANNING (PREVIEW) THE IMAGE ON THE GUI GOES THRU VERY FAST NOW WHERE BEFORE YOU COULD VIEW THE IMAGE.
HAS ANYONE SEEN THESE ISSUES?
THANKS FOR ANY INFO.

Ryzer
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Only issue I've had out of those 3 things is the touchscreen being off, as in very off LOL, after the upgrade. I had to plug in a USB mouse and do the touchscreen calibration.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1. First I would confirm that the KIP is online and can be pinged from another workstation. Then check to make sure all destinations, domains and un & pw are correct. I usually let their IT take care of this part

2. You will need to connect a keyboard and mouse to the IPS. You will need the keyboard to hit alt+ctrl+delete to get the task manager so that you can shut down the UI to get to the desktop. Then use the mouse to go to the Diagnostics folder. From there, go to the Touchscreen Config. Util., then select the Tools tab. Click on the 4 Points Calibration. This will calibrate the touchscreen.

3. Is the scanner taking in the original almost as fast as the image is showing up on the screen? Don't forget that after the upgrade, Copy now has the 3 quality settings and it might be set to Draft. Try scanning at 600 dpi and see if the image slows down on the screen. In Copy, confirm that the print quality is not set to Draft and in Scan, confirm that it is or is not on 200 dpi because obviously these will make the paper travel faster.

charred
intern

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dlee wrote:

2. You will need to connect a keyboard and mouse to the IPS. You will need the keyboard to hit alt+ctrl+delete to get the task manager so that you can shut down the UI to get to the desktop.

easier way to turn off the UI is to go to the ? screen and then double click the logo in the top left, then click the start button, the then reset button (both in the top right of the screen). do this quick enough and the UI will close

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I was referring to only when the touchscreen is totally off and it would be easier to use the keyboard than to determine that you have to press 2 inches to the left or right or top or bottome of the button to actually hit the button. But under normal circumstances, I do go by the way you explained.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: