Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Copy mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Copy mode Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer call late today (monday morning call) says the copy mode not working, when they scan a doc it scan the doc never show in the screen and just kept scanning nothing print. I had them turn off the plotter and unplug it then restart still the same thing has anyone seen this ? Confused

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen this with our last couple of installs. If you take off the scanner covers there is a USB cable that the scanner is plugged into. Try unplugging and replugging in that cable. It has worked for me.

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: found answer Reply with quote Back to top

This was a Call the salesman took which means not all informations was transfer. When I arrive I found that the display information was showing 0 in the meter, -451 scan scan gray out and when I told the machine to print the screen the job q show load 18” or wider. I had to restore hard drive to factory. Then reload all the data.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen this a couple of times before. If the UI shows 0 in the meter readings and scan is greyed out, it is usually an indication that Unattend is not open. Since the UI gets that information from Unattend. Sometimes a reboot might be all you need ( including unplugging and plugging the machine). Or you can go to the desktop and click on the start up button and try to restart Unattend. But when this doesn't work, I turn the machine on and remove the back cover to access the IPS. I find the power button on the IPS and hold it down until the IPS shuts off (blue light goes out), wait a minute, then press the power button to start the IPS. This has brought back Unattend each time. I would try these before Restoring To Factory Settings. Just remember that whenever meter shows 0, no paper roll info and no scan option, it is a very good indication that Unattend is not open.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: