Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

E05 Process motor error-Bad drum motor driver board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: E05 Process motor error-Bad drum motor driver board Reply with quote Back to top

I have spoken to many that are having failures of the drive board for the drum motor on the 8000. I have had two go in the last two weeks myself. From what I hear K Mart is keeping quiet about a problem that got created when they switched over to the ROHS style DC controller board. It seems it does something to the motor driver that causes it to frythree resistors pretty good. Anyone else want to jump on this bandwagon?

Last edited by KIPDOCTOR on Tue May 22, 2007 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

lead guitarist
intern

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just had a driver pba go bad also,However I am running a non-Rohs machine. You are correct three resistors are cooked. I was able to cure the problem by using some component freeze on the pba and was able to stop the error code. I will remove the three resistors and solder in new ones to save a few bucks (243.00 to be exact) three bucks for the resistors. The resistors are 510 Ohm one watt. I should say if you try this to leave as much lead on the resistor as possible so you can elevate the part away from the board for cooling.
I will let ya'll know how it turns out.

John D. Beckerley
A.K.A. Lead Guitarist
Austin Tx. Razz Razz

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have had at least five of these fail now. I can't be the only one. The replacement board we get has a different number on it. Obviously there was a problem and they corrected it. A silent fix like I would expect from K Mart. Do the right thing, K. Admit the mistake and replace the boards. Haven't you learned from the past? Fuser fan anyone? When I was with K Mart I used to see this type of disregard for their customers and dealers all the time. Came right from the top. Nice to see nothing has changed.

shylo
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Not Only The Fuser Fan Reply with quote Back to top

Lets try bad developer rollers, trail edge haze, the list goes on and on, wrinkleing 7000's etc. Rolling Eyes

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well the Doc has discovered that there was indeed a silent recall for this very problem. Big surprise. I have a copy of the tech bulletin that was sent to select dealers.
http://www.keepitprinting.com/kipforum/8000%20TB-K77-035%20DRV.pdf

lead guitarist
intern

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: E-05 Motor Control pwb Reply with quote Back to top

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have replaced the three resistors on the motor control pwb. I used 1 watt 510 Ohm resistors ( 1/2 watt comes from the factory) .
I mounted them high off of the board to provide cooling.
I did have to use some point to point wiring as the cooked resistors I took off destroyed the solder pads on the board in one place.
Total cost to repair old board .60 cents for the parts,10 min of labor.
beats 235.00 for a new one.
I hope this helps someone in need.

John D. Beckerley
A.K.A. Lead Guitarist

actrepro
intern

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kip 8000 was running, heard a clunk and it stopped
came up with e-05 error code
tried all the fixes according to the manual
no luck, still e-05 code

actrepro
intern

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fixed the e-05 problem
one of the 36Vdc boards on the back of the machine blew!

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, those 36 volt power supplies have been know to fail.

foustd
medical school senior

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: e-05 Reply with quote Back to top

i have seen this on one 8000 ( newest of the machines i work on)
as you say 3 Resistors blown.
Thank you Lead Gutarist for the future Info if these do blow.
I haven't seen any need to upgrade to the RoHS Pba for any of my older 8000 systems. THANK GOD.
But i like to note that the Bulletin WAS SENT TO ONLY A SELECT FEW DEALERS.
The next thing you know they won't let their dealers service certain machines. like other wide format printer manufactors do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: