Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

After 6.5 upgrade wont print plt files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merlin1977
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: After 6.5 upgrade wont print plt files Reply with quote Back to top

I finished this upgrade around 5 pm (my first 6.5 upgrade btw) Customer called back after I left and said they are getting the unrecognized file type when trying to print plt files. I am not sure what I didnt do??? I obviously missed something though. Also they were asking for Autocad 14 drivers. The only drivers that were on the cd are for Autocad 2004 and up. Can anyone help? Thanks

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My first few 6.5 upgrades, I encountered similiar printing issues. Most of them was fixed when I went into the Printing Preferences of the Windows Driver. They were usually set to KIP GL and I would set them to KIP Script. Oh, since your in there, I've noticed that some were set to default to film. You might want to double check that and make sure it says bond. Alot of people complain that they send a drawing and the machine will ask for film.

As for the Autocad, last I spoke to KIP, they no longer support Autocad2000 or anything older than that. I'm pretty sure but don't hold my word to it.

Hope this helps.

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Autodesk has dropped support for R14 as well, the oldest I can save back to is AutoCAD 2000 with AutoCAD 2008, sounds like it is time for them to upgrade, also they should be using DWFs or PDFs instead of PLT files, I always have problems with PLT files. Just my two cents worth.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unrecognized file type is the MAD.EXE You might want to try a different set of m-files. Or call and bug the KIP software guys. They probably already know about this problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: