Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

300 stacker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
copyman
intern

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: 300 stacker Reply with quote Back to top

I can not believe i'm the only one that is having this problem. anyway this is what kip support is telling me. typical for oem's to never admit to a problem without first having a solution for it. when running 42" prints the first few that go into stacker are fine then after 3 or 4 they start falling on the floor! What a POOR design. what engineer would have thought that a few mylars on the top of stacker would have been enough to set up the print so the next print exiting could push it the rest of the way into stacker. they could have just added another $2.00 shaft with rollers to transport the smaller drawings into the bin! i'm not talking about some odd, small size drawing here, 42" is standard size with many companies and with this account that is all they run. this stacker was designed for 48" drawings and no one can tell me different. add the BAD set-up instructions and this is a nightmare! real shame that an optional acessory like this can give KIP a bad name. i like the 3000 printer but this was the first 300 stacker we sold and the LAST ! SELL THIS STACKER AT YOUR OWN RISK...........

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The built in stacker is no better and is only designed for 48" prints, you need to add a piece of thick mylar or flexible plastic to the back to allow it to stack up properly, but plots smaller than 24x36 will never stack properly with the built in stacker.

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what about the 200 stacker? which looks basically like a vertical wire rack. do these work? thanks

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

200 stacker works great as long as the customer remembers to move the stopper when changing print sizes. Simpler the better.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone has had problems with the 3000 built in stacker since the 3000 was released. KIP came out with a Stacker Enhancement Kit to help with the issue. I think they tested it about as long as they tested the first design, because it is no better and they charge about $150 for it. It is a darn shame they will not stand behind their product and come out with a real fix. We have sold over 60 of these things and I hear complaints about the stacker on a daily basis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: