Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Machine locking up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Machine locking up Reply with quote Back to top

We have a new Kip 3000 with 8500 sq on it. customer call and said the print was lock up when we got there it was showing no paper and calling for bond machine was full up on futher checks we notice that the meter on the display was showing 0. we trace it down to the scuzzy card and dongal card in the computer pull the board out then replace them it work fine for a week then did it again yesterday when I went there for the same problem I pull the cards again but this time I clean the board and slots with contact cleaner. machine came up printed out all the jobs in the folder. Waiting to see if this fix it kip has not seen this (so they say) has anyone else had this problem. Rolling Eyes

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, if Unattend is shut off in the IPS it will show 0 in the meter and you'll probably notice other things missing. These features are communicated from the Unattend. If you VNC and shut down Unattend and then restart your KIP UI, you will notice what I mean. Don't forget to go back in and restart Unattend, though.

I'm guessing that maybe your customer sent some bad files that crashed and closed Unattend and once you rebooted, it started up Unattend again. But then again, there can be other reasons why Unattend might just shut down.

I hope this helps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: