Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

3000 or 2000? Which to buy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
draggindakota
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: 3000 or 2000? Which to buy? Reply with quote Back to top

I posted this in the 2000 forum as well, but it seems that this forum gets more activity so I posting here as well.

The engineering firm I work for is looking to purchase a wideformat printer/copier/scanner. We currently have an HP Designjet 500 plotter, and an amonia based blueprint machine. We probably do an average of 1,000 prints per month. We're looking for mono, full scan to file, printer/copier/scanner.

I've demoed the 3000 that was in place at a local architectural firm, & liked the machine overall. We've also had a 2000 with 2050 scanner in our office for the last 2 weeks on a demo. The 2000 is used, and has some quirks that need to be worked out, but overall it seems to do the job. Just not as user friendly as the 3000.

My main question is, from a durability & maintenance standpoint, which machine is better? Which will be down the least? That is my main concern.

The used 2000/2050 is half the price of the new 3000 also. And has a 90 day warranty + 1year on the drum. So...which would you buy?

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 3000 has better durability. Both machines will last about the same inbetween print quality service calls (although some would argue the 3000 is better there as well)

The 3000 is the next generation after the 2000, the developer systems are similar, but the 3000 fusing is much more reliable than the fewer parts fusing system of the 2000.

The one thing that the 2000 system does offer is better scanning. The 2050 scanner offers much better image quality and a better throughput with stacking for originals. That said, the 3000 scanner has plently of quality for 98% of customer's needs... the 2050 is likely overkill in most installations.

I would go with the 3000, but its not my money... the 2000 setup will run for a long time @ 1000 ft per month. We had one running 20,000 a month and it ran well for 2 years before we placed it at another customer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: