Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

E-34 Error code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
actrepro
intern

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: E-34 Error code Reply with quote Back to top

was having copy quality problems
did pm on the developer unit, am know getting an E-34 error right away
just a few seconds into warmup
went thru tech bulletin 105-003b, still getting error
any hints
thanks

actrepro
intern

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

forgot to mention the machine was working, but having light copies
in the middle (about 8 inches) on the test prints
know am getting the E-34 error messages after doing pm on devo unit

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried unplugging the HV leads one at a time? If the error code didn't happen when you unplugged the HV lead to the toner supply roller then download the newest parts manual from KIP ver 3.0 and look on page 46 of developer unit TYPE A. Between Gear (Call out 35) and Collar 4 (Call out 72) there is a retaining ring (clip). Remove that e-clip. It will short out the supply roller causing the e-34 error code. The newest parts manual is wrong. So if you looked at the parts manual while reassembling the developer unit this might be the problem. The parts manual for the KIP 3000 Plus Parts Manual Ver 1_0 shows the correct way this sould be put back together. Good luck.

actrepro
intern

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the clip was the problem
yes i reassembled using the parts manual
thanks for the info
saw the tip bulletin 104 --- more about E34 codes!!!???

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I forgot about the bulletin. I started having e-34 issues right after the machine was launched and had to figure that one out on my own. I kept getting the official KIP response "that we were the only ones having this problem"...Glad you got it fixed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: