Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

resetting web counte

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jolene
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: resetting web counte Reply with quote Back to top

We have a KIP 3800 that we had to replace the web in recently. Unfortunately, we have a users manual but not a service manual to have instructions on how to reset the web counter. If anyone has this information they are willing to share we would REALLY appreciate the help.

Also for future issues, we are interested in purchasing a service manual if someone has one available.

Jolene

charred
intern

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i was confused for a second when i read this thread title. Smile

anyway, the 3800 is similar to the 7095, correct?

if so, heres a 7095 SM. web replacement is on 4-41

EDIT:removed link

Last edited by charred on Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jolene

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Charred

Thank you so much!!!!! If you ever find you need any Mita information please let us know as we are an authorized dealer.

Jolene

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jolene, the web reset proceedure on 3800 is much different from 7095. I will post the steps to reset when I get back to my office.

Jolene

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Chazbo. I realized that the two machines were completely different when I looked at the service manual. I do really appreciate all the help though. Like I said to Charred... if you ever need any Mita information just let me know.

Jolene

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

web reset procedures

remove top front cover (4 screws)
pull out process unit
remove small access cover (black) from top of process unit cover (silver)
note DC controller display and 4 small switches in a row in access hole you just uncovered
close process unit and bring 3800 to ready mode CAUTION: can get electrical shock( DC volts) from silver cover when printhead turns on.
switches are numbered from left to right 1,2,3,4 display reads from right to left ,so will be upside down
press and hold sw 1 and key other switches in this order 3343 within 3 seconds. press sw1 until scrolled to a #4. press sw2 until scrolled to a #7 (web length) press sw3 until 17 appears DONE. now press sw2 to advance to #8. press sw3 until scrolled to 11.5 (web thickness)DONE. press sw2 to save. press and hold sw1 and then press sw4 to exit. Have fun!

Jolene

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chazbo

This sounds like SO much fun that I think I am going to pass the buck on this one and let someone else do the resetting. Very Happy But I REALLY appreciate the information!!!

Jolene

Jolene

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chazbo,

Do you have a service manual on this machine that is available for purchase? We are still having issues and the boss man would like to find a manual for onsite.

Jolene

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: