Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Vista Update anyone???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merlin1977
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Vista Update anyone??? Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone loaded Request on vista yet.?.....if so what versions have you loaded that worked/didnt work.
Does Kip have a Vista print driver yet?
Our dealer password was yanked not long ago with no warning after we were bought out by Oce. So I cant look at the dealer area any more. Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

FLKIPTECH
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have loaded 6.5 on a vista pc. It works fine. No windows driver yet though.

smoore
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: vista driver Reply with quote Back to top

Load the current windows driver version 2.83 using the add printer wizard and the XP driver. You can't run the Printman utility. When you create the port, create a standard TCP/IP port, set it to LPR, queue name it "KIP" (case sensitive), and byte counting should be enabled. KIP Request 6.5 should be loaded when logged in as administrator on Vista and should run fine in profiles after the install but make sure you tell Vista to run the program as administrator. I have had one issue with browsing for a file to print across the nework and Request shuts down. Still waiting for an answer on that issue but everyting else seems to be going fine up to this point.

Merlin1977
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info!!!!
Request loads and runs fine?

smoore
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, so far, except for printing a file that is shared across the network. I don't know though how thoroughly they (KIP) have tested it. Let me know if you encounter any other issues.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just did an upgrade from 6.2 to 6.5. The customer had a brand new Vista PC. The driver and software CD I had did not have anything in the KUWPD folder so I called KIP. They sent me a new KUWPD file that I was able to install using the printman.exe in Vista.

Merlin1977
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would you be willing to email me the KUWPD file?

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Vista Reply with quote Back to top

My laptop is Vista and we loaded it on my unit no problems running fine. Like they said you can not use printman for windows drivers use install printer this works fine.

One good thing about grandkids you can give them the world tem give them back to the dads lol payback is hell Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: