Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Half Size Stacking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Half Size Stacking Reply with quote Back to top

We all know the half size stacking is not good on the stock 3000. For those looking to provide a half size solution while keeping your overall cost down. (you know, every penny counts when you're up against that Ricoh) You may want to try something like this.

I made it out of foamcore. It's strong enough for the small stuff and yet light enough to make it easy to put on and take off. Stacks over 50 sheets without issue. You just put it in the back when you know you're going to do a halfsize set. There's a slight slant to keep the prints jogged forward. Our customers seem to like them and they are happy to have a solution that wont cost an extra $865+ Not to mention that even with the Kip 200 stacker table you still need to put the stopper on every time you do a halfsize set.

www.PlotTrackerPro.com - Kip Accounting Software

pq
resident

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks pretty sweet Neil?
What is the item number in your catalog and how much??!!

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, where can I get one?

rico
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neil, very nice, hats off. Could you post some dimensions or diagrams on this project as I'm sure we all have to start making these including the engineers at K-mart. Selling your clients a stacker is the way to go but not everyone has the room. Don't get me wrong, I love the 3000 but the main feature of the KIP 3000 was to be compact enough to fit in any office. Add a stacker and it turns into a repro department. Great work again Neil.

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Rico. And I did get a message that you tried to call me. Sorry I didn't get back to you. I've been rather busy. I'll trace the pattern out and scan it to a PDF for you. You can then just print it out on a machine and make them out of whatever material you see fit. The hardest part was the angled peices. Anyway, keep an eye on this thread.

MasterBlaster
intern

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is a great idea and a very nice way of implementing it!

Good job! I think a lot of people would benefit from your drawings, since I am sure you spent quite a bit of time to get it sized just right.

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.plottrackerpro.com/3000-halfsize.pdf

I traced my template for anyone that wants to try and make these things. Maybe some day I'll draw it up nice in CAD. For now this should get you started. Any ideas to improve it are welcome.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: