Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Slow copy, print speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrcmyk
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Slow copy, print speed Reply with quote Back to top

I have a KIP3000 that is printing and coping 36x24 landscape (D size) at a rate of about 2 cy per minute. the internal print seems about the same speed. The advertized speed is 4 D /min. I saw the bulliton on turning image expantion off, no help. Unit does not jam. I re-imaged the IPS, no change.

Are we off on the speed?

thanks for any help

"It's not a BUG, It's an undocumented special feature"

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The last batch of 6.2 machines had a bug in them that would make them copy slow. A new Unattend fixed it. Kip should be able to help you with that. Otherwise I would ask what kind of file you're dealing with?
www.PlotTrackerPro.com - Kip Accounting Software

mrcmyk
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

from service mode on copier I get 4 cy / min. I Ghost'd the IPS from cdrom, no change. It has IPS V 6.2.168-04... The unattend is V6.2.0.16. Is this the problem? what version of unattend should I have. I talked w/ three KIP techs today and they had me ghost it...It sounds like they don't know about the Unattend issue.

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

version 6.2.222 fixed this issue for me. The issue I noticed was that the machine would return the media to home position between each print. Listen to the machine between each print. Try to see if that's happening. If you give me an email address I could probably hook you up.
www.PlotTrackerPro.com - Kip Accounting Software

FLKIPTECH
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have had similar issues. Mine were mainly on the print side (printing from Request). Prints would take roughly 5-6 minutes to process before printing would start. I solved this by changing the AddPSCmd= line in the unattend .ini to read like this:

AddPSCmd=-dNOTRANSPARENCY

This sped things right up. Only worked for .pdf's though. Still working on fixing the same issue with .plt files Sad

mrcmyk
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I talked w/ tech support again today, they were unsure of where to go next. I mentioned what you were saying about unattend and asked if I could get the file. They sent unattend V6.2.221.

It worked, that fixed the problem!

Looks like IPS V 6.2.168-04 has a bad unattend

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: