Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Blank sheets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Blank sheets Reply with quote Back to top

We have a couple of 3000's shooting out a continues blank sheet.
In fact if allowed it will shoot out all 500 ft on a roll.
Any Ideas?
Thanks.

GR

ser4OCE!
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We flashed the IPS to take care of this issue. It was a full flash (CD-ROM install)

-ser4OCE!

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We thought that was the fix as well.
But, we just had it come back on one of the machines we ghosted.
It did fix it for about six weeks.
This tells me it is a software issue, but I don't know were to look.

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I'm up to 5 customers that are having this problem.
It sounds like in all the cases that it happens right after replacing the roll.
The customer will get an orange screen and it will say "checking paper".
It will then spit out the paper and will not stop until the customer kills the machine.

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Had an issue like this and it turned out to be the paper spool slipping in the core. Throws off the feed timing and the machine doesn't give a jam code it just tries to keep feeding media. Maybe your paper supplier is having some inconsistant core sizes. Just an idea.

I've also seen this kind of issue using 24lb Bond in the back roll. The 24lb 36" roll is too heavy for the machines drive and the spool drive gear would pop up slightly and this would throws off the drive timing and the machine would spit out the roll and never give a jam code. I had them stop using 24lb and haven't had an issue.

I don't think it's a software issue.
www.PlotTrackerPro.com - Kip Accounting Software

MasterBlaster
intern

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neil Johnston wrote:
Had an issue like this and it turned out to be the paper spool slipping in the core. Throws off the feed timing and the machine doesn't give a jam code it just tries to keep feeding media. Maybe your paper supplier is having some inconsistant core sizes. Just an idea.

I've also seen this kind of issue using 24lb Bond in the back roll. The 24lb 36" roll is too heavy for the machines drive and the spool drive gear would pop up slightly and this would throws off the drive timing and the machine would spit out the roll and never give a jam code. I had them stop using 24lb and haven't had an issue.

I don't think it's a software issue.

This makes sense, I also don't believe it is a software issue.

mrcmyk
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Check out TB-K105-019 for the roll spool and TB-K105-017 for the roll spindle gripper.

"It's not a BUG, It's an undocumented special feature"

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer that is having somewhat the same problem. The difference is that his machine will randomly print out the long blank sheet in between drawings. It'll print a blank sheet about 15' long then resume where it left off in the set. It has happened a couple of times, but most times, they shut it off and clear the jam. I have ordered the shims, c clips and brackets for the machine and spindle. Like Neil said, I don't think it is a software issue, but I will keep you guys posted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: