Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

GRAY LINE @ END OF PRINT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMS
intern

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: GRAY LINE @ END OF PRINT Reply with quote Back to top

I HAVE RECENTLY COME ON TO THIS PROBLEM WITH 2 3000'S IN THE FIELD. I HAVE TRIED CLEANING SERVICING THEM FROM TOP TO BOTTOM ACCORDING TO KIP'S P.M. REQUIRMENTS. AT THE END OF EACH PRINT I WILL GET A FAINT GRAY LINE FROM LEFT/RIGHT ABOUT 1/2" THICK. IF ANY ONE HAS HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM PLEASE POST YOUR FIX. ON THE OTHER HAND, I BATTLED WITH THIS ON THE 2000'S FROM DAY TO DAY, HOPEFULLY THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE A PROBLEM LIKE THE 2000'S. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, THANKS.

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen it happen because the Regulation Roller isn't pressed against the Dev Roll well enough. (allowing too much toner onto the drum) When you tighten the Reg Roller brackets (has springs) there is one side that has the gear. Make sure you tighten the brackets without the gear on as noted in the install instructions. Also, the side with the gear has a screw with lock washer you loosen and then tighten back up. Before tightening the brackets down loosen that screw... use your thumb and press down on the Reg Roll shaft (where the gear will soon go) As you hold a solid pressure down on the Reg shaft tighten the screw with lockwasher. Then tighten both spring brackets and put gear on.

RMS
intern

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THANKS NIEL, I WILL TRY THIS TODAY AND SEE IF THIS FIXES THE PRESENT ISSUE. HOPEFULLY THE SPRING TENSION HAS GOTTEN WEEK. I ALSO FORGOT TO INCLUDE THE MACHINE ONLY HAD 56K ON IT WHEN THIS STARTED.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have had good luck with the trick Neil recommended, it would be my first fix also. However, I had a color 3000 where applying LESS pressure fixed the problem. I was worried about dumping toner but haven't had a problem yet.

Scott

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One of my good friends also had this same problem and found that less pressure is the cure. Strange? Yes. I think maybe this dev unit is constructed a little weaker than say, an 8000 dev unit. Maybe the roller is flexing a bit.

ser4OCE!
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is becoming a major problem for us. We have 20 3000's in the field and 15 have the trailing edge haze. Sometimes, adjusting the transfer timing "fixes" the problem, sometims not. KIP is suggesting that the pressure roller is slightly bent causing the issue or that the cleaning blade is slightly askew. well, pressure rollers are out of stock and have been for 9 days now.

Some of our customers are "dealing" with it but the one is really making a stink. We also just heard (about an hour ago) that the four 3000's we have on order will be delayed because KIP is out of 3000's!

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh yes, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

If you are going to be a major player keep your inventory levels up accordingly.

I remember when we first ran out of Mark II toner. We lost a couple of very big accounts in Boston over that. (Remember Charrette?)

That was the beginning of the end.

ser4OCE!
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is a Tech Bulletin on the Trailing edge haze. Looks like KIP has come up with a fix!

Too bad they're charging $245 USD for it.

What a joke...

Haggis
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I took the bait and bought one of the T/S Enhancement Kits. It fixed the problem and it was really easy to install. The price is too much for what it is. If they had made the wire height adjustable this would be a mute point.

One issue that did arise in the process of installing this was with the new eprom. after the install the first test print clicked off 32 sqft on the meter. Burned through about 500 feet before I figured out that to switch the meter to euro then switch it back to usa. Of course K had never seen this issue and were not alot of help.

- Alan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: