Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

3000 color copy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: 3000 color copy Reply with quote Back to top

I upgraded a 3000 with the color scan/copy code. Scans look great. Direct copy makes all the colors to dark (green almost black etc..)
Are there any ini files I can change to try and lighten the direct printing up a little?
I looked but didn't see any, just hoping I missed something.

Scott

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you do a shading balance of the scanner? I have found that this is required even on a brand new unit.

kipuser123
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do the white balance calibration, then the color calibration then the closed loop color calibration for the inkjet device.

Do not use the "line" filter as it's hopeless. Use the "Line/Photo" instead.

Hope this helps

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Today was supposed to be the day I posted an update to this post. But my day was not to go so well.
I have a new laptop which has never had the K105 utility. The USB driver installed with no problems. Same with the utility. Device manager sees the scanner as a K105SC just like it should. But the utility says it can't find the scanner. The USB port is 2.0
Tech support suggested trying the utility from the 600 service CD.
Any other tricks I may need to know?

Scott

kipuser123
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have this problem a lot with my laptop but I don't know if it's an issue with the laptop or the scanner. I frequently have to re-power the scanner for my laptop to see it. With a KIP3000, I tend to remove the metal panel from behind the scanner. Under there you will find the power lead for the scanner. Undo the block connector and reconnect to re-power the scanner. This saves you from having to reboot the IPS all the time.

Hope this helps and isn't too late.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not to late. I will be back at it Monday morning.
I will be taking both my service laptop and my personal laptop, to see if it is an issue with my computer.
I wish I had thought of your method to reboot the scanner, it would have saved me some time.
Thanks for the reply, I will give an update on Monday.

Scott

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shading and Color Calibration seems to have done the trick, the colors aren't perfect but better.
Still sort of annoys the customer that they can scan to file and then print a better looking image than if they scan to copy. I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but I'm not the one who paid for the option.

The scanner utility won't won't find the printer on my service laptop but works perfectly on my personal laptop. Go figure!!

Scott

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ho much should the upgrade cost for an old KIP 3000 that came out before color scanning was available?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: