Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

J01 Feed Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryzer
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: J01 Feed Error Reply with quote Back to top

Just got our first single paper deck 3000 and immediately upon firing up for the first time got the Jam error. Have so far replaced all clutches as well as sensors. Service manual troubleshooting as far as checking for high / low state all checks out correctly. Anybody else come across this, or any ideas on what else to check?? KIP just said to replace the feed clutch but I've already ruled that out........??

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure the machine is on its feet and level. I have had a machine on a concrete floor give me fits over j-01 error codes for not being on its feet and level. I would also check to see how the spindle turns in the machine without paper on it. I have seen the sides of the machine be too tight on the spool (brake) and not let the paper spool turn. Probably tried this already, but make sure the spool is tight in the core of paper. Also if I recall isn't there a setting in either the configuration menu or service on the touch screen about the number of rolls installed. I might check that also. Good luck.

Ryzer
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well........no go. Here's what's been tried. Machine is on its feet and level, no issues with spindle / spool in core, all clutches have been swapped as well as sensors, voltage verified for each, I/O and Check mode all check out with regards to high / low change of state per the troubleshooting section in manual, DC Controller board has been swapped, and entire paper deck has been swapped. Still get the J01 feed error.

Now....this is what has been found. In the Check mode, when looking at the feed clutch, it is High as the paper initially advances and then goes low when reversing. What it's missing is at the bottom it should go High again as it advances just a little bit. That was from comparing to a working dual deck 3000. The bad machine goes High and advances, and then low as it reverses and then nothing.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like you have tried everything. I looked in the manual, since we don't have any 3000's in house right now, but have you confirmed the code on the service diagnostic led screen of the print engine? The manual ver D_O has a few J-01 codes, they are
J-0101, which is a roll 2 "Delay" error
J-0102, which is a roll 1 "Delay" error (seems backwards)
J-0103
J-0104
J-0106
J-0107
Also did you check the CONFIGURATION on the touch screen to confirm the machine was a 1 roll machine. Also have you checked in service adjustment mode "058" to make sure the machine was set to "0" Roll Deck 2 NOT inst.
"1" is a two roll machine.
Seems to me that it might be an issue with the machine only having 1 roll and might not have been setup properly.

Ryzer
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You are the man!! I would never have thought to check that seein as it's a 1 roll machine coming straight from KIP. I mean, don't they test their machines in-house, and if so, how were they able to get it to work if it was set as a 2 roll machine?? I went to service mode 058 and sure enough it was set as a 2 roll machine. Set it back to "0" for 1 roll, and it worked like a charm. The funny thing is I've spoken to 2 different KIP techs on 5 seperate occasions and they've had me tearing this machine apart and not once did they suggest checking that setting. Thx again.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Most of the good techs don't work for KIP. This Forum should be proof to that. KIP doesn't test the machines from what I have seen here in the US.
Your problem either Japan blew it or it was uncrated in the US and a roll was remomoved so they could ship you a single roll unit, and if that was the case see my first sentence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: