Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Scratchin' my head

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> The service call from hell.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gone fishin
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Scratchin' my head Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer with 2 8855's (kip 9010). He said he shut the older unit down on a friday and came in monday and it jammed first print. He removed the print jam and noticed the white areas were hazy gray but the print is there, with a white halo around the print, white area gets darker from drive side to access door side.

No problem, primary charge or grid shorting... losing voltage

The grid voltage ckt bd is in selection 1 and by moving the selection over to the last place (selection 7) the prints are good quality but from 1st to last position over a weekend is nuts.

I have been there 4 different times for an avg of 5 hours per visit, (this is getting old and expensive)

The machine has a drum that's maybe a month old.
The developer has been replaced last week.
I have swapped charge assy's from working machine.
dev assy.
charge socket.
Drum assy w/ rod
charge grid ckt bd
dev bias ckt bd
DC controller
DC driver
all power supply ckt bds from rear bottom of unit (I was getting desperate by then)
I even tried changing out the cleaning assy

i just tore the machine down and cleaned inside thoroughly and cleaned each assy individually and lubed contacts with conductive grease in the right spots, without results.

Could a faulty relay be causing this? Which ONE?

Hope someone can turn the light bulb on over my head.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are a couple of possibilities. The 8855 has a built in electrometer. If it is bad it will cause the problem you have. The probe is in front of the drum. A black plastic case with a silver probe. The leads go to a small PCB. The other is a bad ground. Clean the drum shaft and bearings and put a small bit of conductive grease on the outside bracket. Hope this helps.

gone fishin
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Forgot to add that one... Reply with quote Back to top

Forgot to add that one.

I have disconnected the Surface Potential Sensor from the system w/o result.

Already cleaned the rod and added conductive grease.

Still think there might be a bad relay.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Silly question you clean lean led head?

gone fishin
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Have you read... Reply with quote Back to top

I have removed all assy's and cleaned the unit first wiped down then blown out with a compressor vacuumed and wiped down again with webril.
cleaned each assy individually and re-installed. Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> The service call from hell. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: