Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Scans show "noise" or pixels along lines, around i

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevecad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Scans show "noise" or pixels along lines, around i Reply with quote Back to top

KIP 3000 scans show pixels scattered along or next to any objects, lines or text, anywhere an object is scanned. What appears like a slight "haze or noise" of pixels, can this be avoided? This does not show up on the Savin Ricoh monochrome scans. similar files and resoultions.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You just said when scanning. Scan to file, scan to print? What settings are you using? What DPI? Is it in "Auto Mode" take it off auto mode if you are in it and turn down the threshold and see how that works, also are you scanning in photo mode. Every 3000 I have in photo mode I have to turn down the threshold a little. I have had some 3000 that scan a little on the dark side so turning down the threshold fixes that.

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Go to the Settings menu and adjust the Dot Enhancment value to 1 or 2. If you have it higher than that you'll get noise.

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This seems to be a problem on all KIP 3000's.
I tested 6 of them and they all have this noise around the print.
Tried them all on all sorts of different settings and it make no differance.
This one has to go back to the K-Mart Engineers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes im seeing this on alot of 3000s we are putting out, mostly when you scan to file then print from request lots of noise and background. I know its a low cost scanner but the customer should no have to deal with this. Can someone please let me know how to fix this issue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: