Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Is it possible to use an 8000 stacker with a 7570?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject: Is it possible to use an 8000 stacker with a 7570? Reply with quote Back to top

Just looking to find out if its possible. customer uses the 7570 to replace their 8000 since they also have a color kip. they bought it used without a catch tray. I have tried to see if it would recognize it but it was a long shot and didnt work.. just wondering if theres something I missed or just not possible.
Thanks.

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Augie, Yes, you can get an old 1200 Stacker to work on a new 7570 but it may be too much work and parts to be worth it. First you need to check the serial # of the stacker. If it’s below 05401022 you will need to order a new control board for the stacker. Then the new 7570 should have come with a stacker accessories box that included 2 riser parts that puts the stacker up higher. You need to check this bulletin: TB-1200-07 and look at the latest 1200 installation manual.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, the stacker adjusts in hieght to the right level as ive tried it already but the two devices are no comunicating so I assumed it was some sort of software or firmware if not hardware issue.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

so the serial number of the stacker is higher than the one mentioned but I noticed the dip switches were all off and there is the 8000/9000 eprom installed. I tried flipping the #1 dip switch and testing with and without the eprom installed after installing the sensors and turning on the stacker on the 7570 and I just get a stacker communication error regardless.

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You may need to look at the Installation documentation for a new 1200 stacker; KIP+1200+-+KIP+75-79-7170K-7770K-7970K+Install+Manual+ver+F_5c1
When you connect it to a 7170 or 75 Series printer you enable the stacker in the printer service mode, not the system service GUI. BUD #00061 will enable an option device.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

caltech wrote:
You may need to look at the Installation documentation for a new 1200 stacker; KIP+1200+-+KIP+75-79-7170K-7770K-7970K+Install+Manual+ver+F_5c1
When you connect it to a 7170 or 75 Series printer you enable the stacker in the printer service mode, not the system service GUI. BUD #00061 will enable an option device.
I did do this... the 7570 then comes up with a stacker communication error,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: