Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Request Folder filling up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP software info.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject: Request Folder filling up Reply with quote Back to top

I just posted this in the 7000 forum:

This is a weird one!
KIP 7000IPS running version 7.2.348. The Request folder will fill up with random job folders constantly. They look like normal job folders, random consonant vowel spelling but the only thing in each folder is 1 file; Create.dat. When we delete all these folders then more of them show back up. I thought there was a bug in the controller so I ghosted it today. As soon as it came back up the Request folder started populating with more folders.
Has anyone seen this before?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is the customer sending the majority of print job through the windows driver? I’ve seen this happen when files are backed up on a workstation in the process of sending job to the kip through the windows driver. After clearing and deleting all the files in the kip the files are still in the process of being sent and repopulate the monpath1/request folder

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was at a customer's 3100 yesterday for the same issue. It took the controller several minutes to clear the Request folder. After which the IPS processed jobs as it should, took forever to process jobs before the deletions. Anyone know the cause and a fix?
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Generally when I see a bunch of old folders in the monpath it is due to the customer using the windows driver to send jobs. For some reason either there is an issue with the file. Like the file size is really big because the customer is not flattening the files before sending them or slow network and the files are being sent to slow or for some reason the entire file did not get to the KIp. The kip wants the data fast and if it doesn’t get there it won’t print and since it doesn’t print. If it doesn’t print correctly it won’t delete the job folder.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx buddy. I wonder if imaging with 7.4 would make any difference .....

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't usually see an issue with the folder filling up when customer are using Request or Print to submit jobs. Generally only with the Windows driver.

Try sending a decent size job with the windows driver sometime. Watch the file get processed in the printer properties on the workstation. I've seen 30mb files the once they are done getting processed go up to 200+mb then they are sent to the KIP which then has to process them again on the internal controller. Request and Print etc send the files in the format the KIP wants to print them in and can process everything mush faster eliminating the slowness. I never have issues when customer use the KIP file submission software to send jobs only when they only use the Windows Driver.

doodad
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Reghost to 7.4 or 7.5. The folder is supposed to empty out on reboot. Most customers do not shut down very often.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had this same exact issue back in 2017. Same exact situation as caltech described. If you empty the Request folder with the network cable unplugged, it will not populate but as soon as you plug in the network, you can start seeing the Request folder add a job folder every few seconds. Thank god, the office had only a few users and we were able to find the computer that was constantly feeding a job to the KIP via the print driver. I think he had a bad file which wouldn't delete and kept attempting to send to the KIP. I forgot the actual procedure but we ended up uninstalling and reinstalled the WPD and it never happened again.

It had nothing to do with the KIP controller. The issue was on the workstation.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting. Depending on the Request folder population next time I'm out I'll give this a try.

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the replies, guys.
We ended up just changing the IP address and the files stopped showing up. So there may be some computer there still sending files but they can't reach the controller.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Caltech, that's definitely a quick fix to the issue..haha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP software info. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: