Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

dev process unit jammed KIp870

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 850 Series Color Printer Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maggoolee2525
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:26 am    Post subject: dev process unit jammed KIp870 Reply with quote Back to top

Had issues on Cyan washout(image 3& 4).... cyan stood at 400+ unlike the YMK which was registering 800+. and on adjusting density levels for Cyan (image1) .........drew out process unit...chked tank for toner (it was sufficeint see img.2 or it has more than usual),then cleaned toner sensors plastic wall on dev unit reattached everything,slided the unit back,fasten & tightened screws then started machine error E0410 appeared ...tried to slide out dev unit again but it feels jammed/locked....any help much appreciated ...could it be a dislocated item within ....

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The first transfer roller is still pushed up against the drum. The early units had a bad habit of that. You might try power cycling it, the newer firmware has the transfer rollers dis-engaging at power off regardless of error condition. If that doesn't work, get to service mode and try BUD 508 - 511 depending on what unit it is.

maggoolee2525
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:54 am    Post subject: kip 870 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Scott....... that did it not on the 1st try but a couple of desperate ones i must say ...back to normal....and by the way it was the connectors on the dev unit that when we pushed in a slightly tilted dev unit ,the clip got itself unclipped resulting in a 'lockdown".i must say a cover enclosing to the whole unit would surely have been "a better manufacturing solution".

i noticed a refreshed printout and void of 'washout" as though it auto calibrated itself...........by changing the paper weight to 24 lbs from 20 lbs that had frequent jams.....

maggoolee2525
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:21 pm    Post subject: CYAN WASHOUT Reply with quote Back to top

SOTT.....BACK TO THE SAME ISSUES WITH CYAN WASHOUT.....AGAIN AFTER ABOUT 10 K COLOR PRINTS....SOLIDS AND LINEWORK.....THERES MORE THAN ENOUGH CYAN TONER IN THE DEV UNIT ,BUT IS GRADUALLY COMES BAK TO THIS WASHOUT ISSUE.......

DO I NEED TO CHANGE MY CYAN ASSEMBLY ....ANYONE WITH A USED BUT GOOD ASSEMBLY (REFURBISHED OR OTHERWISE)....$

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's not good. Can you post a picture?

maggoolee2525
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:51 am    Post subject: 870 CYAN WASHOUT Reply with quote Back to top

ON 1ST ASSUMPTION WE HAD THIS GUT FEELING THAT THE TONER TUBE C WAS NOT RELEASING THE TONER INTO THE DEV .UNIT AND WHEN WE OPENED THE FRONT COVER VIEWING WITH TORCH THRU PEEKHOLE WE NOTED NO MOVEMENT IN THE BOTTLE WHEN TONER BOTTLE MOTOR C WAS ENGAGED C00105....UNLIKE YMK.....WHICH MOVED....CHKED CONTENTS IN THE DE.UNIT THRU SIDE PANEL VERY LOW TONER......PROCEEDED REMOVED DEV UNIT CHECKED THE WIRE HARNESS "LOOSE CONNECTOR" TO MOTOR REINSERTED ...ENGAGED MOTOR C AGAIN...IT TURNED... DID THAT COUPLE OF TIMES ..... THEN PRINTED THIS 2 IMAGES ..ACCEPTABLE ...BUT ON FURTHER PRINTS IT STARTED " WASH OUT" AGAIN......HERE ARE THE PRINTS...MEANTIME THE LCD PANEL READ 100% ALL THIS TIME ...THEN MOVED DOWN TO 50%(AFTER HARNESS) THEN FURTHER DOWN TO 25%....IS THIS INDICATION OF: TONER IN THE BOTTLE OR IS IT IN THE DEVELOPER UNIT.....WHY THE SUDDEN CHANGE https://felixgabriel.imgur.com/all/

maggoolee2525
medical school grad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject: photos of fading washout Reply with quote Back to top

https://imgur.com/U94lPn7
https://imgur.com/lbPtHsh[/img][/url]

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for not replying earlier, I've been busy and forgot to check back here. And I hate to say I'm not sure what's going on there.

Not adding toner is usually the clear windows for the toner sensors but from your description I don't think that's what's going on.
What does test print #31 look like?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 850 Series Color Printer Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: