Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Fuser high temp error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7970 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kipman
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Fuser high temp error Reply with quote Back to top

I keep getting a fuser high temp error on a newer 7970, it has happen 3 times now. I reset it in service mode and it goes away and it works fine for a while. If I monitor the temp in info mode it goes from 158-169C so I know it is working. Any thoughts?

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you checked the firmware to see if there is a newer one available?

Also double check the heat lamps, this model is known for having faulty lamps.

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: E0901 Errors Reply with quote Back to top

Keep getting this error randomly. If I mask ovrtemp it is stable at 155-158C
It will work fine. But sometimes will throw error on startup as well.
Maybe new firmware?? Heat system seems to work fine. Even works for awhile without overtemp masked... for awhile..very random!

doodad
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would replace the thermostats and have the latest firmware installed. The thermostats are sometimes flaky. They are what triggers the error.

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject: Temp Error. Again! Reply with quote Back to top

Replaced both thermostats and Thermistor...
worked for a couple of days...threw Error E-0901 today

does anybody know the latest Firmware version
For a 7970k??

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like this is the latest Firmware
79 Series-(1372xxxx)-FWU-4_SysK v2.x

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Alan,
There are 2 different 7970K version machines, thus 2 different versions of firmware. There's 7970K and the 79 Series. You identify them by serial number:

7970K serial #1371xxxx Latest Firmware Version 7970FX08.00
79 Series serial #1372xxxx Latest Firmware Version 7970FX04.00A

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject: 7970K Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Thanks!
This is a 7970k Ran update to 2.2.118 it had 1.6a, Hope it solves it.
I also ran firmware update that KIP sent on flash drive.

Might possibly be thermistor not making good contact with fuser roller??
So far since update (2 days) its been ok.

We will see....

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject: E-0901 Reply with quote Back to top

Still getting this error randomly. I have replaced the thermistor and thermostats and the AC control PCB. Updated the firmware to version shipped with 2.218 System K upgrade and it will run fine for a few days or hours then randomly give E -0901
You can mask the error in service and it will reset and run fine for awhile......any ideas?.

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Alan, You may have a faulty SSR. One of them may stay on when it should turn off and cause an overheat. Easy enough to replace.

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject: E-0901 Reply with quote Back to top

Changed both SSR relays, worked for about 1 hour. Funny thing In service mode under information the fuser1 temp will Sometimes jump from set value 150c to 255 randomly back and forth like the thermistor circuit is Open??

Traced wiring back from fuser unit plug for thermistor/thermostats and noticed factory wire tyes were tight , cut a couple and loosened stress at back of the fuser plug under the top cooling fan, Seems to work for now....Hopefully for good. The only thing left to replace is the DC control board $$$$!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7970 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: