Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP800 Top stacker issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 850 Series Color Printer Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: KIP800 Top stacker issues Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone on here having top stacker issues? Media side curling? Long prints not folding over the top for a clean stack? KIP has a Tech Tip for the KIP600 (Tech Tip-K148-004) that addresses it on the KIP600. The TT says that there are 3 solutions.

I will talk about the 3rd solution in regards to the "bumps" and the KIP800 because this is what I did and it seemed to work and no call backs from the customer so far.

As you know, the KIP800 trays do not have these "bumps". The bumps are made for the KIP600 and so they have a hole in one end for the screw and a tab to sit inside a hole on the tray. If you go this route you'll have to get rid of the tab (I used a xacto knife to cut it off) because the KIP800 trays do not have holes. You'll have to use a quality double-sided tape to mount them onto the tray. The TT tells you where to mount the "bumps" but are not very specific as to measurements. I mounted the outside and middle bumps at 2-3/4" from the top of the tray down to the tip of the "bump" on the 2nd and 6th groove. As for the inside "bump", KIP said to put it on the 13th groove and the picture looks at about 3/4 of the way up the tray. I tried this and the long prints still had a slight bow in the center and caused some prints to not fold over the top. I moved the inside 'bump" closer together onto the 14th groove at exactly 6-3/4" from the top to the tip of the bump and it seemed to fix the center bow issue and all the long prints started to stack and fold nicely.

Cna't say this is a guaranteed fix but it worked perfectly for me. I hope this helps someone else.

The part number for the "bumps" are: Z485000390 TRAY 3

They're sold individually, so you'll need to order 6.

Disclaimer: Someone at KIP directed me to the KIP600 TT and had me apply it to the KIP800. I'm just passing it along.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We have put various extension to the top stackers for the 800 series. we found about 6 extra inches cures all the issues. I have been working with a company to 3D print some extension so they look nicer. when time permits I will get them finished.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 850 Series Color Printer Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: