Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 900 SERIES
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 850 Series Color Printer Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried to "Clean Database"?

Back when the System K first came out and our KIP7170Ks would sit on the KIP Icon on boot up or when it starts lagging, this is the first thing that KIP Support would have us do and I'd say 90% of the time it resolved the slow start up/ lagging issues.

Here's my process. If you already know, then maybe this'll help someone else that isn't familiar with it.

To get to Desktop, from the Home screen, double-click on the KIP icon on the upper left, click once about 1/2" to the right of the icon, then one more click on the icon (has to be done in one sequential motion). At the bottom right there is KIP logo (hidden task bar). It's easier to get too with a mouse or if you VNC from another PC. Right-Click on it withi mouse or hold down on it with your finger until a circle appears and you'll see the option to Clean Database. I always "Backup Current Configuration" as a precaution (but have never had to "restore") before I do the Clean Database. You'll need a USB thumb drive to allow it to save the Configuration. Once you click on the Clean Database, it'll do it's thing and you'll get a Success pop up when completed. Then click on Restart to restart the controller.

I hope this helps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 850 Series Color Printer Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: