Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

7100 edge haze

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CLUCKAU
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: 7100 edge haze Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 7100 with backround "smudge/haze?" picture will not show from camera so I'll describe as best I can.

Only down 36" left side light haze about an inch wide, looking real close some slight dotted vertical line. while the haze fades mildly darker and lighter continuously down left edge there is no consistancy in the spacing of the fading from lighter to darker. Really close inspection shows some speckle up to 6 inches in from left edge.
Corona charge wire new, all corona assemblies cleaned. Checked drum, fuser, dev. roller and blade for build up or abnormalities.
I took along the most experienced Kip Tech on staff and so far we are stumped.

Ideas?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Look at resetting the developer bias setting. I find that the auto density control is bumping up the bias to fast and will cause this same type issue.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure the drum end blocks are locked down correctly. Check the printhead shims are all there and not bent. Check corona wire heights. Check developer unit roller pressure.

CLUCKAU
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks as always for the suggestions.

The options for BIAS were 0-3. It was set at 3. 0 seems to have cleaned up the issue, there still remains a very faint dotted line bout a half inch in. But it is faint enough to be acceptable.

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You may need to reseat the regulation roller to the developer roller. I had this issue on the right side and that resolved my problem.

CLUCKAU
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We had re-pressurized the developer rollers and set bias at 0.

Seemed good, the next week got a call that it was now printing light on the left edge.

So I tried setting the bias to 1, it got darker but also brought back some edge smudge/haze.

Any more ideas?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found when you are pressurizing the dev on the 7100 you have to follow the steps exactly as in the manual.

CLUCKAU
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After reading a posting from Mark about removing the rear left filter from all his 8000's for similar issues, I tried it on this 7100 about a month ago.

So far no more complaints.

Thanks Mark!

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alert the media.....I got one!!!!!
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

adcart8
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject: Haze on Left Side and DOts Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I definitely would adjust the Bias back down to 0 and then look at the far side of the Drum associated with the DOTS. I have seen a toner leak from a Developer slowly wear down the side of the Drum that it was leaking on. First thing that appears is HAZE and then if you can get rid of the HAZE you are left with DOTS. Just have to replace the Drum! We ran our 24x36 on 24" rolls or another machine until we could justify replacing the Drum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: