Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Fan Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Fan Question Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer intrested in a KIP 3000 and he was telling me that a review he read on the 3000 talked about the fans running constantly. I have not noticed that and was wondering if anyone could shed any light on the issue. The review was compaing the 3000 to an Oce 400.

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I belive the fuser fans run non-stop while the machine is in "Ready" condition. This helps keep the hot air circulating. If the fans weren't on the heat from the fuser roll would radiate through the machine and cause all kinds of problems.

If your machine goes to sleep the fans and fuser lamps turn off. The sleep time can be adjusted to the customers liking.

marc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the reply Neil. I thought that was the case, however I wanted to hear it from a seasoned vetran. You can adjust the sleep time in the Service mode correct?

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe the sleep modes come locked so you have to be be in service mode to set them. You can unlock them so you or the user can adjust them from the touch screen, no service mode required.

Scott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tell your customer that if they buy the KIP 3000 to expect in about 3.5 months a very loud and annoying sound coming from the rear of the machine. Then after about another 2 weeks the same exact problem. These fuser fans are getting replaced like underwear. KIP knows about the problem and chooses to do nothing about it. Sell them an OCE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: