Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Random Voids

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jshark
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Random Voids Reply with quote Back to top

I have a unit that will have random void areas. There is no distinct pattern and it does not repeat on the page. It almost looks like moisture in the paper, but I have tried different rolls. Its most noticeable when the customer prints Excel spreadsheets or when I print the TIFF test pattern. I would like to add a sample image of this, but I can't figure out how to add an image into this post..

Any ideas?

eboucher
resident

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you seeing the issue at the trail edge or do you see it all over the sheet? If it is located around the trail edge it might be an issue with fuser speed. What width of paper do you see it on?

jshark
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No its always somewhere in the main body and its never in the same place. The customer only runs 36" paper. I would like to send you an image of the issue, if possible?

eboucher
resident

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sure just click email in me reply and send.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Random Voids Reply with quote Back to top

jshark wrote:
I have a unit that will have random void areas. There is no distinct pattern and it does not repeat on the page. It almost looks like moisture in the paper, but I have tried different rolls. Its most noticeable when the customer prints Excel spreadsheets or when I print the TIFF test pattern. I would like to add a sample image of this, but I can't figure out how to add an image into this post..

Any ideas?

Transfer Wire Height. KIP has a tech bulletin on this updating the wire heights the service manual shows but even the updated heights don't work on all machines.

You will have to play with the height and yes Left and Right wire height may have to be different to fix it.

Also if the Separation Wire is way off it will affect the Transfer corona. So you may have to adjust both.

And remember to verify your Voltages prior to changing the wire heights. This I believe was also mentioned in the bulletin.

adcart8
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject: Length Adjust Reply with quote Back to top

The T/S is easy enough to check and it could be that, but if you can't make progress adjusting the T/S; I would look into a length adjustment. If the voids are what we call "worms" then it is the length adjust. These "worms" are very Random but usually happening once a page and in different spot. They are not what anyone would describe as streaks or lines but instead they are peanut or cheese puff shaped voids caused by the Fuser not moving fast enough causing bunching up of the media and the image not being transferred in spots. a timing adjustment will fix this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: