Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

What signs does an end of life drum exhibit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 5000 Discussions (new)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eboucher
resident

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: What signs does an end of life drum exhibit? Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone know?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Usually for me it's lite copies in the middle of the print (drum ahs a haze that won't clean off and the drum tends to look like it has pits all over it.

Shyloh
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

a worn out drum can also cause background

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't foget about blurry and overall unsharp prints. Also you might have reprinting of information.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Return calls for black lines even after replacing the charge wires.

MrPrinter
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: haze on drum Reply with quote Back to top

Ok.. you guys said cleaning the drum. What do you use to clean it. I've cleaned other drums, but depending on what they were made of, was what I used to clean them.. so any suggestions??

Mr Printer ( the old guy )

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I use denatured alcohol on a clean rag. Then I use a synthetic car wax to keep the surface smooth and clean longer.

radic
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

we use some kind of liquid silicone to clean all the drum surface and alcohol but just to clean the drum in some area

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

use Cooper's "D" Ink or WD 40

adcart8
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: Drum End of Life Reply with quote Back to top

The most common indicator for me that a Drum is nearing it's end has been Background. I always first use a dry lint-free soft cloth to see if the toner is dry and able to just be rubbed off. If it is not, I then clean with D-ink. I just never want to use D-ink excessively because I have no doubt it's effectiveness is in it's strength or potency. This must take a good layer off the Drum's important finish.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 5000 Discussions (new) All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: