Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

7570 Randomly Spitting Paper Out Top Exit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> The service call from hell.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adcart8
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: 7570 Randomly Spitting Paper Out Top Exit Reply with quote Back to top

Customer has a 7570 Spitting paper out of top exit at random. Paper spills out until roll is empty or customer is aware and can stop it. No discernible pattern can be found. All users, all paper sizes, and different methods of printing including PrintNet, KIP Print, and print from PDF.
KIP had me update SYSK Software, Firmware, and Drivers to no avail. Have not been much help the 3 times I have called about this issue.
Any ideas are appreciated.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Check paper end caps, placement of paper in drawer (make sure the end caps are set in correctly), make sure nothing is catching the paper, that the paper is not loose around the paper core. If you think about, when the paper runs out, the machine will "pull' the remaining paper off the roll and out of the exit. If there is a stall in the spindle when the printer goes to pull the paper, it might think that the looseness means that the end of the roll has been reached. The first thing the printer does is pull the "remaining" paper out, not knowing that there's a whole roll on there. And I believe it won't stop until the sensors indicate that all of the paper has ejected, regardless if it's 2' or 500'.

Just something to look at.

adcart8
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Paper Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah the first things I examined were the Fuser and Paper. Everything in the Drawer was as it should be. The end caps were snug and in place... in the Core and in the Drawer! I ran checks on sensors throughout the paper path. I even tried leaving 1 Sensor unplugged in the Fuser Exit because there will never be a need to exit out the back but instead will only exit out the top and the Sensor triggering the Solenoid to fire and lift arms in the paper path would not be necessary. Like I said, I also looked for anything else it could be from step one in the print process and all the variables change from person to person or job to job however the problem has occured in all scenarios. I really feel like I thought of everything it could be.
I was there again recently for the same thing and after trying many things I again called KIP. They had come out with a Hardware Firmware Update since I was there last and they really wanted me to try it. Everything else was current so I figured I should. I will update if this somehow takes care of the problem but I am not real confident.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> The service call from hell. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: