Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

7970 Randomly Prints Light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adcart8
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: 7970 Randomly Prints Light Reply with quote Back to top

Well Maintained 7970 with 2,000,000SqFt randomly Prints half tone prints. Randomly in the middle of sets, one print will look great and the next will drop to about half tone and continue for many pages. Usually continuing until an interruption. ie.... running out of paper or a new set begins. Have looked for patterns and each time we think we are on to something, it does something else. I have swapped Developers with our other 7970 and problem stayed with the machine. Per KIP I installed a new T/S Assy and Image Corona Assy, as well as a Developer Maintenance KIT because it was due. Also checked all the metal contacts inside the machine and added contact grease but everything looked good. I have seen things similar caused by Toner Sensor but as I said the problem stayed with the machine when I swapped Dev Units.
Has anyone seen this before and/or do you know what might be causing it? Even KIP seems to be at a loss and if I can help it I don't want to just buy and replace parts until it goes away.
http://photobucket.com/confirmation?token=eRjSH6n5RUFWz4xrcutIF2ToAgjL4BE6p9NzKLfSGPNx%2FUBNqfh%2BQ3tp%2FPyijWbruSsF8uFutnMcPcNSyC3Vx2E0XeiY6IZI

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I feel your pain. It's easy for support to issue "try this part" when they aren't paying for the part. Push back and ask them if you can return the part for a refund, part and shipping, if replacing the part doesn't correct the problem.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

adcart8
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Returns Reply with quote Back to top

I have done the return of Parts many times and I know that is probably an option, however KIP has already asked me to try doing a half dozen different things and replace 2 different parts so it appears to me they dont have a clue what is causing this. The trying parts and returning them is also time consuming, meanwhile random halftone prints keep finding their way into customers sets. So, I was really hoping someone in this Community had seen this before and could help me out. Anybody out there have any Ideas???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: