Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

TDS 450 streaks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smergio
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: TDS 450 streaks Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys! first post here. So forgive me if I do some things wrong.
Anyway, I have a TDS 450 with streaks/shading on just the left and right sides of every print only on the Trail edge end. I would have to say it is just the last 5 to 6 inches everytime. The first print is always clear then after that every print has the streaks. I originally went to this machine to replace the Developer which I had done several times before hand. So after I did that the printer ran great for about a week then started this "streaking". I have replaced the Drum (and cleaning blade), Drum ground, T/S wires/assembly, Corona Wire, and HVPS. If you could help me out that would be great! I can also email pictures of what I have going on if needed. Thanks in advance.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any pictures of the print? The higher the quality the better.

Smergio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Pictures Reply with quote Back to top

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b428/Smergio/work/TDS450_zpsghfsjktn.jpg

Heres a picture of what I have going on. Still currently having the problem.
Let me know if you need different ones..

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you grease the drum ground where it makes contact to the drum?

Conductive grease works the best.

Possibly a developer bias issue also. (Also check where the developer assembly screws to the frame of the machine. Sometimes the brass threads that are molded into the dev unit pull out and ground against the frame of the machine. This doesn't cause a full bias short but causes weird anomalies).

And if you are not using an OEM drum that could cause this.

I doubt highly this would be the Image Corona or the T/S Corona as streaks from those units are not this even.

Also since your first print out looks good it seems to be a strange charge that is building up on the drum and not discharging properly. That is what the Drum Strap is suppose to do.

I assume when you changed the Drum Ground you also changed the resistor?

Smergio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did use grease, I used dielectric grease. I know it's usually used to keep connections clean but Conductive grease was impossible to find locally.
I have ordered some though.
I also looked at the Developers brass threads and made sure they were far enough in and don't appear to be touching the frame.
Its running an OEM drum and I have changed the Resistor for the ground as well.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Smergio wrote:
I did use grease, I used dielectric grease. I know it's usually used to keep connections clean but Conductive grease was impossible to find locally.
I have ordered some though.
I also looked at the Developers brass threads and made sure they were far enough in and don't appear to be touching the frame.
Its running an OEM drum and I have changed the Resistor for the ground as well.

Regular lithium grease or lubriplate would be better than dielectric. dielectric is specifically designed to not conduct electricity.

Conductive grease is the best choice as it is actually enhanced to conduct better than regular grease.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Me and a couple other guys experienced something new on these systems.

I don't know if it would be related to this but wanted to give out the information.

Besides the Drum Ground the ERASER Lamps and/or the GRID PBA could be causing an issue with Drum Charge Buildup. So much so that the Drum Ground strap isn't enough Ground to compensate for the issue.

On one machine simply switching around the Eraser Lamp boards helped.

I haven't verified this yet but these boards look just like the ones on the TDS800/860 and 9800 machines.

This was on a TDS750 but I believe the 450 is the same. (Don't quote me on that).

Have you seen any improvements yet?

maggoolee2525
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: streaks on 9400 Reply with quote Back to top

on the streaking matter......my 9400 is actually producing horizontal streaks(with no prints on it) aftr i changed developer ....drum and cleaning blade .....when i change the main upper charge units x 3 times with 3 different units the streak always appear about ten inches apart with no print on 1- 2" and traces of developer on it ,ive changed the HVPBA and the streaks are still there..i could upload some images ..........any help would be great

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: