Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

7800 Color background in white area of all media

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krizzy
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: 7800 Color background in white area of all media Reply with quote Back to top

A am getting background of all colors in the white areas of an image, regardless of the media weight. even 24# bond looks bad. The humidity inside the machine is a moist 24%.

The print heads are clean, the wires have been replaced, and I have tried adjusting some of the bias voltages with little effect.

Hopefully there is a machine in a dry climate that can offer me some suggestions.

TIA

Pioneer007
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Has your machine had the update kits done to all process units for back grounding? It's quite substantial. They also went to a finer grained toner with this update. Welcome to the kip C7800. Mine will slightly background in white areas 40# and above even with the mod....Normal!
These are nice machines, perhaps over marketed as the do all best of class but it has many areas where it's weak IMO. I've spent 4 years tweaking, adjusting, manipulating it, with some colors it's just not good at reproducing, I work both ends, software and hardware.

Techsense
medical school senior

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The sweet spot for humidity on the 7800 is 40%

Its a different machine if run in a 40% + environment

Check the fuser web, that can make a difference

p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bump the humidity. When I first got involved with KIP about 7 years ago, it was a tough thing to get use to the fact they prefer higher humidity.
So much so, the client I have, I purchased a humidity/temperature gauge and mounted it on the machine to make sure they kept the humidity up.
Around 40% does seem to be the best range. When they moved into a new building this year, I talked them into inserting a moisture thingy into their heating/cooling system for the Kip room to keep the humidity stable, instead of using a humidifier.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is an old post but I'm currently getting a grainy haze on the entire page. The image looks great but the haze is throughout. I just checked the Internal Humidity and it is at 16%. I have a feeling this is the culprit especially since Techsense says that it works best at 40% humidity. Has there been any new discoveries/fixes on this since 2015?

As for the update kits for back grounding, I don't believe these have been done.

Any suggestions or confirmations that I need it at 40% or if the update kits WILL fix this issue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: