Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Adjustment for kip 8000 to use complete 500ft rolls of media

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Adjustment for kip 8000 to use complete 500ft rolls of media Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer with a couple kip 8000s I dont normally service but the other day they asked me why both machines do not print to the end of the roll... they had a large pile of rolls of media that were rejected by the machine and some had as much as 100ft left on them?

Is there some sort of adjustment for a media encoder or some other way to correct this issue?

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The first thing I would try is adjusting the paper brake on the spindle. It needs to have enough drag to provide back tension or else the rolls will unload themselves when they get towards the end. They are inexpensive and easy to replace as well.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If the spool brake is loose it can cause this

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks guys

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If the paper is not a taped core it can slip when the paper gets low. This will cause the machine to make you change the roll.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe 8000's require untapped rolls. Taped rolls cause jams at the end of the roll.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is probably true. I believe KIP added rolling sensors on later models to address that problem.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

still battling this, rolls kick out with sometimes as much as 100 ft left on them and the machines both reject them. ive tried clutches with no success.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Augiedoggy wrote:
still battling this, rolls kick out with sometimes as much as 100 ft left on them and the machines both reject them. ive tried clutches with no success.

Really don't know what to tell you here. I did have a 7000 that gave me intermittent issues like this and I found a combination of the drawer sockets needing either replaced or contacts re-sprung and a faulty connector in the harness that for some reason had a plug and socket randomly in the middle of the harness.

Is the paper core slipping on the paper? I have seen some paper do this. If that happens at all the machine assumes it is out of paper.

Intermittent issues are hard to impossible to troubleshoot.

awtech
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Take off the left side cover and check the tension on the chain drive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: