Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

IPS won't boot and unable to reimage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: IPS won't boot and unable to reimage Reply with quote Back to top

Here's what I'm seeing...
Switch power on, power led lights and HDD led starts to flicker
Then the HDD led goes constant and nothing more happens
Tried to reimage won't read usb dvd. Disconnected all the usb cables except the dvd and keyboard/mouse, still won't reimage.
I can access the bios but there is no option to boot from the usb dvd first
This 7100 had the IPS replaced 2 1/2 years ago and has been running until now. And to top it off this 7100 is T&M so I can't throw parts at it.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like it not seeing the USB DVD, which is why it not an option to choose it to boot first. (Sure you know that)

Are you using a USB port on the IPS or the one on the front of the machine?

Try switching to another UBS port. Not sure when the KIP IPS's started having USB3 ports, but make sure your not plugged into one of those. I keep doing this on the SystemK machine by accident. Getting older its harder to tell that they are blue.

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You may have to hook up a s-ata dvd drive to it. Open up the controller and hard wire it in. then tell it to boot off that drive 1st. Are you sure the hard drive is good? Also sometimes in the bios they turn off usb so it will not recognize it.

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: 7100 Controller Reply with quote Back to top

Had this a couple of times....
Bad motherboard!
hard to find locally, Kip does have some.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a little late feedback. Took a replacement IPS to clear this one up.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the update, however long it took.. Mark, I hope you had a great Holiday season.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You as well, thanx

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: 7100 Controller Reply with quote Back to top

bigal wrote:
Had this a couple of times....
Bad motherboard!
hard to find locally, Kip does have some.
another option is to replace the bulged cheapy 6.3v 1000uf capacitors on the main board and not have to worry about it failing again in another year or two with the same issue... had many 7100s with bad caps on main board.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Turns out it wasn't the IPS (this time). The customer was running an older version Print on a workstation, recently replaced by their IT, running WIN 10. Loaded Print v8 and the unreliable printing went away. However, in the process of working the problem the printer started jamming intermittently at the fuser exit sensor. Another one of the flakey sensors we had a while back strikes again. At any rate the printer is behaving for the time being. Thanx for the input, glad you guys have my back.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your last post was that you replaced the controller in 2017. I'm guessing the printer was acting up again but you found that it was not the controller...Good find.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really am getting old. I picked the wrong thread to post to. The information stands, just in the wrong place.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: