Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

J-0206 stay error code.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: J-0206 stay error code. Reply with quote Back to top

OK well i have dealt with this code before. The J-0206 is not unfamiliar. Its like a jacket you put on in the morning. Change out the sensors and make sure all the wires are good and unbound from the zip ties. So i have gone through that and the HV power supply has been changed. all the sensors have been monitored while test prints ran through the machine. All test out H and L while they are being accessed. Then all of the sudden it just stops. no sensor has been tripped as i can tell but says it has a jam J-0206. I really want to kick the shit out of the machine at this point. when nothing makes sense. The two sensor wheels are makeing contact and rolling just as the paper is coming through. The mid-transport sensor has been changed with a new one and the wires have been unbound to compensate for grounding out all the way to the side of the machine. I also had the all the Cables to the HV unbound to make sure those were not grounding out. I made a lot of test prints and it doesn't make sense where it stops is after the exit sensor and before the paper exits out of the drawer. doesn't even get into the mid-transport area. I went through the TT Jam Code J-0210 and J-0310 and still the same thing. I'm lost.

[/img]

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sure looks like the flakely sensors we had for a while. According to KIP all of the sensors in the paper path needed to be replaced at the same time.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Error Code Reply with quote Back to top

Boot up in service and check error and error history..
Maybe a e033 occurs first then the J206..

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes, the old arcing transfer thing. What Al said and try running the printer with the display cover off to see what really stops the printer.

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had a encoder wheel cause a sensor error before. the rubber gets worn and it may spin and may not. It only takes a split second to cause a jam. There is 1 at the exit area that got me once. But I will agree with replacing all the sensors at the same time. They are cheap enough.

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So i replaced clutches in the drawer and the registration clutch. with new ones. and th J-0206 is still happening the way it looks in the picture. Sometimes i can
get about ten pages out of the printer from the service test prints. but not from sending print to the printer. I only get about 5 then it jams. There are no other codes in the service mode than J-0206. It the last 50 codes. when this started happening. The thing before this machine started jamming was a developer push motor went out on the machine. SO i checked that sensor as well and it is working like it should. I also checked the drawer connection to the back to see if it was bad and there was a no go there. it was working as it should. I am still lost.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you checked the vacuum fan for function? Pull the black filter out(if you haven't already). The code infers that the print is stalling on the transport. Cracked transport drive gear? Set the exit setting to feed straight out the back instead of feeding up and out. Sorry if it seems like I'm taking WAGs cause that's exactly what I'm doing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: