Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Still solid black

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Still solid black Reply with quote Back to top

Here is what has been changed/swapped out:

Complete Charge Assy., Drum, Complete Transfer Assy., Developer Unit, Control Board PW7755, HVPS for the charge. In addition all wires and connections have been checked and doubled checked by not only me, but another tech.

When running a sample print/plot some of the print is visible within the solid black.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you talking about a reverse ghost image on blacks? Yes, I would like to know a fix to this also.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This was solid black prints/pieces of paper only coming out. Turned out to be the small, thin sheild on the print head got bent just a little and was touching the drum.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn it Bill, that's the first thing I would have checked!! ;-O Glad you got a solution, I know what it's like to bang your head against a machine for days....
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does this mean you're not going to take it out and shoot holes in it?? I had a plane ticket ready to go......

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It got a last minute reprieve...........................

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

These old posts are great.....

I just cleaned the 9000 and got the solid black prints. After blaming the charge assy and finding no fault, I found this post. This was exactly what had occured. I had bent the end of the thin copper tab on the printhead and it was touching the drum. I bent it back and VOILA.....

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Who you calling an old post (I am)? Reading this reminded me of Bill, was a nice guy.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How's it going Mark? I would've said "old man", if I was referring to you....LOL. Yeah, I just thought I'd comment on this because it seems there hasn't been much activity on this site lately. Either we've covered every conceivable issue and people actually learned how to "search" or everyone has become an expert on KIPs....haha.

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think anybody will ever be a expert on KIP's. Lol

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it has been unusually around here. Jedi, I must be an expert cause my wife says I'm a know it all.........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: