Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Color Registration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 850 Series Color Printer Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Color Registration Reply with quote Back to top

I have an 860 that has problems with the yellow registration
I went into service and adjusted yellow against black as yellow was above the black on the test page. Looked good so I exited service and ran some tests prints and then powered printer off.
Customer doesn't use it every day so today they ran it and yellow was off and noticeable on the prints.
Was I supposed to save or backup the changes I made before I shut it down???
I am going back tomorrow morning to see what happened

p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any chance the belt is creeping to one side or the other, impacting the sensors?

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Yellow registration Reply with quote Back to top

The belt hasn't moved since last time but the yellow registration on Left Block is way off.
Skew adjustment doesn't seem to affect it much. I went from -50 to 50 with very little change.
it is relatively good on right and center.
It appears left is not moving at all
Any suggestions??

p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Firmware up to date?
Might try backing up everything, blowing it out, restoring.
Also, this might sound screwy, but swap out the LED array from one color with the yellow one see if it changes any.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 850 Series Color Printer Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: