Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Print jobs sent to KIP 3000 ut nothing happends

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnfds
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Print jobs sent to KIP 3000 ut nothing happends Reply with quote Back to top

Just installed a used KIP3000. Assigned it a local IP address. We can get to its web interface just fine. Installed the Windows and AutoCAD drivers. If you send a print job to it nothing happens. What am I missing?
Thanks,
John

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Won't print Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure workstations are on same range ip as the printer and subnet mask is the same.

johnfds

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They are. I would have thought that was obvious since we access the KIP3000 web interface.

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure firewall or other security features are not blocking it.

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also make sure you can ping it in the command prompt

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you able to see the Meter A and the roll information on the touchscreen? Meter A and roll information gets it's info from Unattend. If Unattend is not running, those would be blank. Close the UI and check to see if Unattend is running. If it is or is not, launch it and send a print to see if it makes it to Unattend. If it makes it to Unattend, it should print or at least show up in the Job Queue.

johnfds

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1. How do I close the UI ?
2. How do I tell that Unattend is running ?
3. How do I launch Unattend ?

Thanks,
John

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's a process.

First confirm on the touchscreen UI that it is or is not showing roll information and if Meter A on the build sheet screen is showing a reading. If all are showing then Unattend is running.

johnfds

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could you answer questions 1 and ?

Thanks,
John

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will it print the built in test prints in service. That will at least let you know it does print. You can hook up a key board and mouse, and do a control alt delete and it should show you what all is running. There is another way but it's been a long time since I have done it that way or any way. Pagewide is taking over in my area. KIP is on the down hill slide.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been on Vacation.

To close UI to get to desktop:

Home > Help > Service > log in (8495107) > Hit OK when Service Config screen opens up > Click on START (Green) > Click on RESET (Red)

There is a shortcut icon on desktop to launch Unattend (yellow circle w/ U inside of it).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: