Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Is the 9000 still supported and if so any idea for how long?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Is the 9000 still supported and if so any idea for how long? Reply with quote Back to top

I have an old customer that called me up the other day asking for suggestions on whether they should look at replacing at least one of their 8000 units and they wanted to know what they should buy if they bought a used machine? I thought someone had told me kip already started hassling folks with 9000 units as far as support but I dont remember if thats true and who I heard it from... if this is the case is the 9900 the only recommendation? is it still the current model or have they changed it up again with the new controller series? Im kind of out of the loop on this equipment as the current owners to take over my employer are shifting me into a different field these days and most of my laser experience was on xerox and smaller kips...
this customer has a color Konica kip but obviously thats not feasible for the work they use the 8000's for as its down quite often it seems for the little bit they do use it and the cost per copy would not be economical.

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 9900 is old school. Since they no longer make that model support for that model is on the down hill run. They are making a 970, 980, and 990 models depends on what scanner you want or if you don't want 1. A lot of places are switching to the Pagewide by HP and getting a way from the toner machines. We traded 2 KIP 8000's in on a HP Pagewide 8000. Much better process time and print time. 30 D size a min. much better than 20. Then we switched out our KIP 9900 out for another HP Pagewide 8000. Production time is incredible. Plus we can offer color. Not photo quality though. Have the Canon iPF 8300 for that.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thank you

isnt the operating cost much higher on the page wide?

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We have spent next to nothing on the 2 pagewides in the last year on service. Our KIP was eating us up in service. Our overtime was cut out when we put the pagewides in too. Since they process and print faster We are not standing around waiting for it to prin, the prints look so much better, if you ask me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: