Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Add Toner message wont go away

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markks
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Add Toner message wont go away Reply with quote Back to top

This is more of informative statement than a question. I went to a 7170 that had an add toner message that would not clear. Customer tried two different bottles of toner before placing call. I checked and there was 24vdc going to toner motor and the printer was cycling but I noticed that the developer unit wasn't turning either. I went into service mode to see if I could turn on toner motor. When I went into service to turn on motor I got the message that the paper deck was open. Turns out when machine first stopped the customer assumed it was out of paper and open paper drawer , when she seen it had paper she just pushed it to but didn't latch it. Then she seen that it had an add toner message. So apparently even though she added toner the drawer was open but the machine never gave her the message to close paper drawer. Hope this helps someone in future. Motto of the story make sure all covers and drawers are closed before troubleshooting add toner or any other message.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: